Friday 7 December 2007

Buying a used car: Part 1


Well, without wanting to be disloyal to my little VW Lupo GTi in the UK (which I totally love and goes like stink) , I have had to buy a used car in oz. I've spent weeks on all the different websites trying to choose and it seems to me that there is a big price variation between the different states. On the whole I found the prices to be more than in the UK, esp when you compare them to the UK price guides, dollar for pound. Queensland (where I live ) prices seemed to be the most expensive but then, because the roads don't get salted, the cars don't really suffer from rust.

I was looking to buy a Ford KA (which they stopped producing here in 2003..?) but prices for these were a bit inflated. So in the end I've bought this ten yr old VW Polo for $4000 from the Sydney area through ebay!!! It's about to be transported up to Brisbane this very moment. Is probably NOT a recommended way of buying a car, and I begrudge paying this amount for such an old vehicle, but believe me it was the best value I could find after all my research. I'll be back here to describe what it's like when I finally see it!!!

I'm sorry Lupo.....mummy'll be back for you very soon... :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you reckon? Add your comments here.