Thursday 13 December 2007

Postal deliveries: Bag of sh*te

Sorry but, what's with all the not delivering the sodding post? I waited in all day yesterday for a delivery, only to find a 'You've got mail' card in my post box telling me to collect my goodies from town.

This isn't the first time this has happened either. It kept happening when we were in the flat in Noosaville. When Diver Dave phoned up to complain, the following day I got an earful from an angry post lady who'd obviously been given a dressing down from her superiors. Unfortunately for her, this harrassment-a-la-rude-and-ugly-fishwife incident, which ended with me shouting back and slamming the door in her face, only gave us cause to complain even more and we never saw her again. Even more unfortunately, we were told that Australia Post has a policy of not venturing very far from the delivery van/bike and that they are supposed to beep the horn... before driving off at great speed, presumably laughing their heads off. So ugly fishwife post lady shouldn't really have been given a b******ing at all.

I can sort of understand the reluctance to climb stairs to a first floor apartment to make a delivery, although why they can't extend a finger to ring the doorbell is beyond me. And I can understand they don't want to have to go for miles across the average Aussie country acreage from the front gate to the front door. But surely they can walk the 50 odd steps it takes to transport themselves (and our post) from our post box to the front door and back?

Lazy arses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you reckon? Add your comments here.